We majored in higher education.
You may know Nelnet as the nation’s largest student loan servicer, actively working with thousands of educational institutions. What you may not know is that Nelnet has helped finance solar installations in 15 states valued at $720 million. Campus solar is our homecoming, combining our deep knowledge of university finance and operations with our expertise in deploying and managing clean energy solutions. Plus, we’ve partnered with experienced solar and battery developers who know industry best practices and applicable state regulations so you don’t have to.
We’ll help you address the challenges you face.
Our experience with higher ed has illuminated some of the many concerns associated with running an institution in 2021. Campus Solar with Nelnet is here to alleviate those pressures.
Need to Reduce Overhead Costs
Solar conversion provides considerable and reliable savings on energy costs – particularly helpful with decreasing enrollment, the expanded need for hybrid and virtual learning, etc.
Carbon Neutrality Goal Pressure
Converting to solar provides clean energy to your campus and boosts sustainability and brand value as your institution is tasked with meeting aggressive climate action goals.
Drive to Increase Enrollment
On-campus sustainability factors into college attendance choices for many students – and campus solar offers opportunities for instructional collaboration – giving you a recruiting edge.
Why On-Campus Solar?
Bringing clean energy to your campus has never been more feasible. Solar financing includes the following benefits, among many others.
Why go solar with Nelnet?
We’re uniquely positioned as an experienced higher ed partner and expert in financing and deploying clean energy.
- We’ve been working with higher ed institutions for decades. Our relationships and awareness of your needs and stakeholders can get your project painlessly off the ground.
- We have the capacity to fully self-finance your campus solar project while managing all facets of the program from start to finish.
- Nelnet and our solar partners have built and operate solar installations in 15 states, from Maine to California, Minnesota to Texas.
- Our full-scope analysis covers supply chain management, construction, capital markets, data analytics, electrical engineering, energy supply and demand, and more.
- Nelnet can access the 26% Federal Investment Tax Credit (ITC) as well as state incentives, significantly reducing construction costs and passing the savings on to your institution.
Request Your Free Solar Feasibility Review
Our experts will work with you to analyze the electricity demand at your institution, and create a roadmap for bringing clean energy to your campus. No spam, just a friendly email from our national director.